Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Its cold!!

I'm sitting here typing a blog entry instead of riding my bike, and I feel like crap about it. My problem is that I woke up this morning and saw this:

Temperature - 60F
Wind - 15-18mph NNE
Wind Gusts - 25mph

Not fun...not fun at all...The wind I can handle, but 60!! It was 80 last week...How could it be 60!!??

Anyway that was my first problem. The second problem is that I stepped on the scale.....Why? You ask, because I'm an idiot. I've been trying to lose weight for a long time, at the beginning of the summer I was FINALLY under 135, I really want to be 130. So I start training for an Ironman, you would think that would equal weight loss...no. Its been fluctuating between 135-138 all summer, which is endlessly frustrating, and then last week I saw 140....tried to stay positive...water weight from electrolyte intake, muscle mass, slow digestion...whatever. And then this morning...144. I don't have words for how depressing that it.

Needless to say, I didn't go for my frigid bike ride, I couldn't even go back to sleep. I just sat up thinking and worrying and crying. I'm probably going to regret writing this on a public blog. I just don't know what to do.

I know one problem I have is eating at night. I have been doing much better with that lately, I think I just developed a bad habit somewhere along the way. Anyway I'm going to start putting updates on this blog concerning my eating habits, I think it will help. I've been dealing with all this alone for so long that it feels good just to type it.

On another subject: RUNNING
I was able to run for a total of 35min on the treadmill last Friday. I did 30min elliptical/6min treadmill, 4 times and then finished with 10min on the treadmill. That made up my "long run" workout, a total of 2:35. SO BORING!! But I was pretty happy with the running part of it. I still had some pain in the top of my foot, and my shin, but it was substantially less that it has been. Hopefully this won't cause another set back.

My plan is to do this every Friday, increasing the run time slowly. Hopefully I will get to 1hr of running before the race. That would be the best I can hope for at this point.

No comments: