Saturday, August 30, 2008

Acupuncture is a miracle!!

This morning I went out to attempt a run and it was wildly more successful that I expected it to be!!! I had minimal pain in my shin and calf areas, the most pain was the top of my foot but it was manageable. I ran 8min and walked 2min for a total of 80min. I didn't wear a HR monitor or my Garmin GPS watch because I didn't want to be upset or discouraged with my pace. The difference in the way my leg feels in unreal. I'm not better, it's not 100%...but its WAY better that a week ago, not to mention 3 weeks ago!
It's now 9pm at night and my leg feels a lot better than it did after that 45min run I did on Thursday. I don't want to get my hopes up but I really hope this isn't a fluke and that the acupuncture really works that well, that fast.
My hope is that I can run through my treatment and be back to normal in 2-3weeks. I think I can squeeze in one 16-18mile run before its taper time if I don't have any other problems and if this one keeps improving. That isn't the most optimal training for an Ironman but it will give me enough confidence to know I can get through the race. That and the amount I've been biking!
Speaking of biking...tomorrow is the Hot 100 at Moore's Creek! My plan is to ride to Moore's Creek (20-25miles), ride the 100, then ride home!! 140-150 miles total!!!!! There will be breaks in there of course, but I'm stoked about this challenge! Hopefully my ride buddy won't bail on me.

No comments: