Wednesday, August 13, 2008

No running...bought compression socks

Well I'm off my plan again. After that last 14mile run I did I thought I felt great. My right calf and shin felt sore, but not terrible, nothing that worried me...that is until it stayed sore for a week and a half, and began to hurt going up and down the stairs.
I haven't run now since last week Tuesday when I did 4mi on the treadmill. Probably a bad idea. Now I have been rolling on a foam roller, icing and resting. It sucks. I am so worried that I don't finish this race. The guys at work who have done an Ironman before aren't worried about me at all but I don't have that confidence. I've been biking and swimming, but you have to run to get to that finish line. I bought compression socks at trisports.com after reading about how they help with calf/shin pain, I'm hoping they arrive today......
The CEP Women’s O2max Compression Socks are the first functional sport socks with a patented pressure flow that provide a scientifically proven increase in blood circulation and a consequent increase in performance. Simultaneously, the high-tech socks provide a more evenly distributed strain on stressed muscles and tendons. This facilitates the entire sequence of motion to become more precise and effective, in turn helping to prevent an overworking of muscles.Increase blood flow, get more oxygen to your muscles, remove lactate quicker, run faster-it’s that simple.


Lets hope these babys work....

No comments: