Sunday, August 3, 2008

Longest Ride to date

Friday August 1st - new longest ride record: 91 miles!!

This ride took me 5:02 at an average speed of 18mph. It was awesome!! The morning was beautiful and there was no wind for most of the ride. I had a slight 5mph tailwind coming back down 421 towards home (the last hour) which was a great reward....I cruised home averaging 19-20mph. SO fun!! I only stopped to "use the bathroom." (In reality there was no actual "bathroom" to use.)

I started this ride with my boss, Jim and a friend of his, but they turned around at 1:30, so I continued on alone after that. I couldn't ask for a better ride. The only problem I had all morning was my camera battery dieing, so all the great stuff I wanted to take pictures of didn't happen. I got a few in before it died...

Look at that welcoming open road...long, straight, flat and no cars for miles!! PERFECT!


Only cows and horses and the occasional farmer on a tractor. Its a different world to Wilmington.
Oh, I did have a run in with a crazed pitbull that wasn't so fun at the time, but he couldn't catch me and eventually gave up....Thank God! It's funny now, but at the time I about peed my pants.


There's me getting carried away with the instant gratification involved with the technological advancements of the digital camera.....I'm a little behind the times....

For the record: I burned 3484calories on this ride, I ate 1510calories, meaning I replaced 43% of what I burned....perfect. I also drank 168oz of fluid (water and Perpetuem) The temperature was 73F when I started and 84F when I finished.

This is the best I've felt on a ride so far. Usually I come home tired and I hang around all day and sleep and watch TV. This time I was full of energy and only took a 30min nap because I knew I had to run the next day so my body would appreciate it. I must be getting used to this!

No comments: