Sunday, June 29, 2008

Good surf session saved the day


I decided to salvage my Sunday by going to the beach and took my board just in case there was anything remotely resembling a wave out there. It was the first time my poor board has seen the ocean since last summer. I get out there and the wind is howling, people trying to get a tan are just getting buried alive in sand and people who got in at the south end are now drifting past me on the north end....RIDICULOUS! I stood there thinking how much I'd rather be in Costa Rica but paddled out anyway, against all odds, in desperation of something to take my mind off my stupid foot. All I can say is that someone was smiling down on me and I'm SO grateful. I had the best little surf session I could hope for considering the conditions. It was like the waves were being aimed in my direction and they were effortless to catch. I probably had more fun out there today than I did all of last summer! Yes, unfortunately my foot still hurts, but my motivation is somewhat renewed and that is what I need the most.

No comments: