Monday, June 9, 2008

Its my rest day!

Its been a week since I posted here, but I've been so busy. PT's opened another store, so I've been helping out by working over there, and its a 30min drive from my house!! I also talked to Two Wheeler Dealer about the possibility of working a bit over there. I'm nervous about that, I don't know if I'd be any good at it. I've always thought it seemed like an awesome job though.

Besides all that this was training week 3, the week before a recovery week, my total training hours was 16..and I skipped my yoga AGAIN. The weekend's workouts went really well, it was a good week all together. On Saturday I got up early and rode 53miles, with 2 15min tempo efforts. (I just worked really hard for 15mins, twice) Then I followed that with a 2mile transition run to get my legs used to running off a long bike ride. On Sunday I got up early yet again (because its SO HOT) and did a 7mile run, including the bridges that I have to run over in the race TWICE. So I took the run easy but powered up all the bridges as hard as I could. It was oddly fun. Then on Sunday afternoon I did an endurance/speed workout in the pool, 2800yds. And now I get the whole day off...except that I have to go to work.

I'm wondering how big of a deal it is to just do yoga at home instead of going to a class. Its so time consuming to go to a class, and they always make you work so hard. I'm just trying to stretch and relax. I think I'm going to take it out of my training schedule and just do it at home for shorter periods of time. Those Flexible Warrior videos that I talked about earlier will work just fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work! I'm proud of you!

Perpetual Motion said...

thank you! I couldn't do it without you :)