Friday, July 11, 2008

3.25 miles down, 26.2 to go

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!! Dr. Martin told me to run outside for my next scheduled run, which was today. He told me that on Tuesday, so naturally I have been a nervous wreck since then. My thought patterns have been something like this:

"oh God that step hurt, wait did it really hurt?, yes it did hurt, no, it couldn't have because I'm still walking and these steps don't hurt, do they? did that one? no, that wasn't pain I'm crazy, shit, that was, no, ohhh what if my run sucks, what if it hurts after 500ft? what shoes should I wear? maybe I should give it another week...."

Slightly insane? I think so. Thats a summary of the last 2 days. So after surfing this morning, (thank you Bertha) I stared at all my running shoes and thought long and hard about every aspect of running before putting on my Asics Kinseis (not the Nimbus because the Kinseis have a little more heel support, and I'm trying to be extra careful). No heart rate monitor, no GPS watch, just me and my shoes.

I walked out the front door and stared down the street wondering if I'd even make it to the corner. I took a deep breath, tried to think about surfing later or biking or buying a new bike, or traveling, or anything but my feet....then I was at the corner, then my 1mile mark, soon enough I was at my turn around and before I knew it I was home!! NO PAIN!! I am so relieved I can't even put it into words.

This run also had a lot depending on it. Triangle Triathlon is on Sunday in Raleigh. I am signed up as you know. I thought I'd have to skip it due to injury but I'm GOING!! So I'm not going to be fast, its still going to be super fun!!

No comments: