Thursday, October 30, 2008

2 Days till the Race

This has been the LONGEST week of my life. Every day dragged on. At work we just talked about the same stuff over and over and over again, the weather, the swim, bike clothes, special needs bags, run plan, electrolytes...on and on and on....Whats worse it that every time a customer came in (usually someone doing the race...I work at a bike shop....) they would have something to add to the mix which would just start the conundrum all over again.

Finally its Thursday and we got out of work at 3pm to go down to the race expo and pick up our packets. Oh, also at work this morning I changed my rear tire, changed both tubes, both rim strips, and checked and re-checked everything on my bike.

The race expo was alright. The athlete dinner was better. Most importantly however I got my packet and all my stuff:Above: All my bags for the race, numbers, brunch tickets, a sweat towel, lots of nutrition, toe and hand warmers, misc.
Below: All my B2B "free" stuff...canvas bag, swim cap, long sleeve technical t-shirt, and Defeet socks..sweet!A close up of only PART of my nutrition for the day:
So tomorrow I am going to go out for a 30min bike ride at 8am, this will be my trial run for the weather. See how warm I am, or how much more stuff I need. Then I will spend the day packing and re-packing and re-checking and worrying and organizing...AARRGGHHH!!! I like training better than racing!! I also have to check in my bike and my changing bags, and go to a mandatory athlete meeting at 2pm.

I can't wait to be on Blueberry Rd, on my bike. From then on its just business as usual...

No comments: