Saturday, October 18, 2008

Too tired to blog!

I've done more in the past two weeks that I ever thought possible!! I'm going to catch my blog up over a few entries instead of just one huge one.

First of all on Friday October 10th, I completed what will be my longest training "run". A 15min walk/jog that took my 3hrs and 11mins. My average pace ended up being a 12:46min/mile. I started with a 8min fast walk/3min jog and added more running after the first hour. By the end I was running 5min and walking 6min. No pain!! Walking was about 14-15mph, running was about 10-11mph. I was STOKED!!!!!! This wasn't a 20miler, nor was it fast, but it gave me the confidence to feel like this Ironman is possible.

THEN, only TWO DAYS LATER I completed my first ever 9 hour workout!! My body was moving for 9 straight hours. That's a little ironman wake up call for ya! Here's what I did (copy and pasted out of my training log) :

BIKE
6h 54m 35s 115.20 miles 16.67 Mi/hr


Started late because it was raining in the morning.

Rode with Brian

Originally we wanted to go long with a low HR, no more pushing. The weather made this impossible. The wind was insane all day, and because we refused to draft we just went slow. It was a good training experience.

We rode the new changes to the race course, which sucked, because the new road is super bumpy.

Weather:
9am Wilmington - 65F
wind: 5-10mph NNE

12pm Harrells - 75F
wind: 6-8mph NE, gusts 10-12mph

3pm Wrightsville Beach - 75F
wind: 13-17mph ENE, gusts 25-27mph

RUN
2h 08m 53s 10.00 miles 12m 53s/Mi


started out w/ 8min walk/3min run, increased that to a 7min walk/4min run, and ran the whole last mile. Felt great!!

Weather:
4pm Wrightsville Beach - 75F
wind: 15-17mph ENE, gusts 25-27mph

And the cool part is that after 10miles I wanted to keep going! It was awesome.

I slept well that night...

No comments: