Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Worried about the weather

I know my worrying is wasted because there is no way to tell with the race 12 days away, but its COLD. And there is another cold front coming through.

10 forecast right now has:

Thursday October 30th - Sunny, High 62F, Low 49F
Today - Sunny, High 71F, Low 45F

Lets keep in mind here that the race starts at 7am, so any "low" is definitely going to come into play. We also start SWIMMING, in water, that will be in the high 60s at best by then. Next I have to get on my bike, with wet hair and create my own personal wind on top of what is naturally occurring. SO, to see all this in a positive light is becoming difficult to say the least.

I trained all through the summer for this race, my body handles the heat great! Cold however is a very different story. I have lined up a long sleeve wetsuit to borrow, just in case the water temp drops a lot more. I also invested in better gloves, a hat for under my helmet, toe covers for my shoes, and I'm thinking about buying a better wind breaker and maybe another long sleeve base layer.....this sucks...

No comments: