Friday, May 9, 2008

Another pain free run! (for me and my mum!!)

I just got in from my second 3mile run since the race. I'm not wearing a HR monitor or a GPS, I'm just running....slow and relaxed. So far so good. I have no IT band pain and my hip only feels alittle funny when I'm done, but then I do my Yoga for Athletes and I'm good! I have one more run this week to hit my 10mile/week goal, thats less than half of my weekly mileage from a month ago. I was running about 25miles/week. Its ok though. I'm working on my training plan for the ironman and I have all this factored in. I'm pretty proud of it.

I've been trying to focus on Pose running technique but I have a hard time knowing if I'm doing it right. I have video taped myself afew times to get an idea of how it looks. I think I need to work on the drills more. (they are all shown in video clips on the Pose website).
Here is a video from April 5th, I'm due for another one in my new shoes, but you can see how I'm trying to land on my forefoot with my foot under my center of gravity not in front of me. I'm pretty sure I have a ways to go.



I have one other thing I have to mention in this entry about running:

I'm EXTREMELY PROUD of my Mum!!!! She finished her first 5K last November but had to take a break from running due to knee pain and I think IT band pain also. I think life got in the way alittle and I was worried she wouldn't pick it back up....but....SHE DID!! I just found out last night, and I'm so excited. She said she just runs when it feels good and walks when it doesn't. Last year I showed her some stretches and got her a foam roller (God's gift to the IT band), so she'll be back up to 3 pain free miles in no time! Running is good for the soul. Its time that you have with you, and I think everyone needs that. .....She doesn't know it yet but I see triathlon in her future.......

1 comment:

Mum said...

No triathlon's!!! only 5k's maybe. I am so very proud of you.
Mum