Thursday, May 8, 2008

Liking the R&R week

I'm definitely enjoying the rest this week. I think I've probably gained some weight...not good. I'd still like to lose 10 lbs and be 125. I'm probably somewhere like 135-138 right now, but I'm not about to check. I'll check when I have a solid week of training done...Anyway I'm still in disbelief that I finished that race so well! It feels like it was all a dream.

This week so far I've just been doing my 2 swims a week that I do with the YMCA triathlon club and I've run once (yesterday)...that went suprisingly well...only 3 miles and very slow. But my goal for the next 6 months is to stay injury free. So I'm going to bring my running way way back and build up slowly. I'm probably going to run a total of 10 miles this week, and build from there. I also started doing these yoga videos by Flexible Warriors, it is in partnership with Spinervals. They are great! I bought all 3 in the Yoga for Triathletes set. There are segments for before and after workouts and also sport specific segments for swim, bike and run. Its awesome! This is part of my fight against injury!! I have also decided to write my own training plan for the Beach2Battleship Iron Distance race. I have been using generic plans from Triathete Magazine's Essential Week-by-Week Training Guide, and they are great. They have worked so far, but I feel like I need to pay really close attention to my running mileage and factor in more yoga time. Writing my own training plan will allow me to really focus my workouts on my weaknesses. So I'm using the book I mentioned above and Joe Friel's Triathete's Training Bible to help me. I'll post it when I'm done.

No comments: